Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yay, I did some crafting!







I said I'd get some crafting done and although I didn't get ALOT done, I did complete a couple cards I needed.
Gord needed some Thank-you cards which I had a bit of trouble coming up with. I wanted them to be "gender neutral" which can be difficult. I saw a card similar to this on Splitcoast Stampers, made by Julie Ebersole. I like that its clean, simple and easy. I coloured the trees with a white gel pen making it look more like a "rustic" birch tree.
The Christmas card is one I made at Carrie's Stampin' Up party. I love the snowman, but had to stop myself from buying it as I have TONS of Christmas stamps already. Maybe next year. I did buy the paper though as I love the colours together. I think I'll make some of my Christmas cards similar to this but with a different stamp. I also learned a new trick to attaching ribbon. You knot it, then glue dot the edges to the back of the top layer. ALOT easier than trying to tie a bow.
The last card pic is of a birthday card and matching gift card holder. I have a problem using patterned paper. I either don't WANT to use it cause I like it so much or I don't know HOW to use it. I covered the gift card tin first, then decided to make a the matching card, problem being that since I usually make cards with patterned paper, I didn't know what to do! I cut 2 squares of the paper (one using the pink side as a border for the patterned side) but didn't know what to do from there. I ended up cutting a few flowers out and attaching them with pop-dots to add some dimention. It still seemed to plain, so I added some crystal dots to add some bling. I figured Jenny was worth the bling AND the patterned paper (see Jes, I DO use my "special stuff" sometimes...).
Stamps by Amuse and Stampin Up'.
Paper by Bazzill, Stampin Up' and Scrap Works.
Crystals by Amuse.
Ribbon by Stampin Up'.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ooh, pretty cards! I'm surprised you managed to use patterned paper, but you did awesome! Now you don't have to hoard it (or be afraid of it).

Although, I was hoping you'd try my sketch :p

care_bear said...

Nice work!!
Don't feel bad I'm a patterned paper hoarder too....and ribbon, but I have been using a lot of ribbon lately!