Monday, December 1, 2008

Thoughts?

Here are a couple cards I made tonight. I love the Hippie Snowchick from Amuse! I like it framed by the Label classic stamp from Stampin' Up, but again, wasn't sure where to go with it. I decided to use the colours of the flowers in her hair to "frame" the frame. It's not the usual Christmas colours but I like that.





My Dad wanted a "religious" type Christmas card to send a few people and thought it would be a good time to use my Amuse Bethlehem stamp. I bought it last year and although I must have seen a card made with it, I didn't know what to do. I used a tiny Amuse creative candy twinkle sticker star above the stable to add a little something. I also used pop dots on the matted design to add some dimension.

If you have any thoughts on these cards I'd appreciate the feedback. THANKS!


Stamps by Amuse.
Blue card by Memory Box.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love that Hippy Snowchick! The blue is a bit bright on the background though - can you tone it down with some stamped snowflakes? Or try using coloured cardstock for the label layer, and no mat behind it? Did you hand cut the label out?

I think for both cards, you need some sort of small image down by the sentiment, either at the start or end. Like a snowflake or ornament or (for the Bethlehem card) a star. You could also emboss the sentiments, to make them stand out more.

care_bear said...

Wow...you have been busy!!
So the outline is a stamp? LOVE that...looks like the top note die...

Jessica said...

Check out Julie's blog, she used the Hippy snowchick too!

http://papertrufflez.typepad.com/paper_trufflez/2008/12/the-hippyhippie-shake.html