Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Get into the Groove.......


It's been my usual week or so since I posted anything, in that time we got our Christmas tree, decorated it and that's about it. I'm not sure why it's taking me so long to get into the holiday spirit. Gord's working tonight so I figured I better get started on cards....... I feel like I got alot accomplished since the cards I made are so easy.
The first one is something I saw on the Impress website. This was the first stamp company that got me addicted to crafting. I have to say that I've neglected their stamps a bit since I got into the Amuse ones (and I don't see a whole lot of them up here) but they have GREAT ideas. Maybe I'll have to go on a crafting weekend to Seattle in the New Year (after all the bills are paid!). Anyone else want to go???????? Anyway, back to the cards..... I used a small leaf punch for the antlers and a red embellishment for Rudolphs nose. I backed it onto a red scalloped rectangle and attached to the card with pop-dots. Not too much bling, but I like it that way. MUCH simpler than Jess' cards, but then I'M also much simpler than her!

The second card is a bit fancier. I saw this on an Amuse website and loved the colours. The original I saw had ribbon instead of "bling". I think the tape covered with glitter adds a little something extra and complements the stickles on the dove. Again, EASY (that should be my middle name, oh wait, that sounds bad, I mean I like EASY cards!). Enough of the blog, I better get some cards done before I get out of the groove.
Stamps by Amuse.
Punches by Punch Bunch and Marvy.
Blue Madeira paper by Amuse.
Stickles.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Eeeek! I love that reindeer - so cute! And the dove one is beautiful too - I love the medallion image behind the dove.

ps. I think it's more difficult to do "simple" cards. You don't have as many chances to cover up your mistakes ;)