Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fundraising event for "The Ride" (and pics!)

I've gotten some flack recently from certain people (you know who you are!) for not posting any new card pics for a while, well, you can leave me alone for a bit, here they are!

I've been busy training for The Ride to Conquer Cancer and was thinking of ways to raise donations. I've decided one way is to sell cards. I'm trying to make "easy" ones that I can mass produce. Here is a sample of what I've come up with....

























I'll be selling them $3.00 each or 4 for $10.00 with ALL proceeds going to Cancer Research. If you're interested in buying any you can contact me at lboguski@lycos.com or post a comment on this post. Please pass this on to everyone you know as I'm still looking for donations. Thanks!

I saw the card with butterflies on Tobi's website and fell in love with it! It's so cheerful and full of colour, I just had to try it.

If you have any feedback I'd appreciate it as I'd like to know if I'm moving in the right direction.
On another note.... I rode my bike OUTSIDE today for the first time since training for the ride. It was great, other than the SNOW! (I think I'm more ready than ever to see summer arrive). I went with another girl who's also signed up for the ride. It was a short ride (due to cold and snow) but was a good starting point. With the clocks going forward it will make getting out alot easier since weeknight rides are more of a possibility.
I'm going to get started on cards and will post another selection as soon as I can!

3 comments:

care_bear said...

LOVE your cards!! I'm so happy to finally see some card posts!
Keep up the good work...both training and card-making!

Jessica said...

Yay! I love them all. That rainbow butterfly card is so striking, you should make lots of those, and just vary the sentiment, so people will want to buy all of them!

Shannon and Kira said...

The cards are fantastic! I especially like the cherry blossom ones, and the first card at the top - that doesn't look like an "easy" card to me, but what do I know?

Send some quick so I can get selling!